January 28, 2020
Snowmobile trails are in fair to good condition throughout the Keweenaw. Trail conditions are improving with cooler temperatures. Trails are groomed daily throughout the region.
- Valley Sno Drifters trail from Lake Linden to Dreamland Restaurant & Bar is OPEN!
- The Portage Lift Bridge is open to snowmobile traffic.
- Trail 133 is closed for logging.
- Trail 3 from Dollar Bay to Lake Linden and the Freda Trail (south of the Portage Lake Lift Bridge) will be closed the entire season for repair.
Remember when you’re out on the trails to watch out for the groomers. They have the right away.
Please stay on the trails, STAY OFF THE ICE, respect private property, do not drink and drive, and above all else, drive safely. The signs on the trails are there for rider’s safety so please DO NOT remove or destroy them.
Snowfall & Weather Report
Houghton County has received a total of 124.0″ of snow for the season and Keweenaw County has received 214.8″ of snow for the season.*
- Today’s forecast: Cloudy skies with a few snow showers this afternoon. High 24F.
- Tomorrow: Cloudy. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High around 25F.
- Thursday: Mostly cloudy. High 27F. Winds light and variable.
- Friday: More clouds than sun. A few flurries or snow showers possible. High near 30F.
- Saturday: Mainly cloudy with snow showers around in the morning. High near 30F. Chance of snow 40%.
Cross Country Skiing Report
- Churning Rapids Snow Bike – Tails were groomed Sunday night. Very good conditions. (1/27/20)
- Chassell – The trail was groomed and new tracks set this morning. Conditions are excellent. (1/28/20)
- Copper Harbor – All trails in excellent condition. Open for hiking biking and classic skiing. (1/21/20)
- Eagle Harbor Township Trails – The Trails are groomed!! (1/27/20)
- Maasto Hiihto/Churning Rapids – All trails dragged and tracked. Excellent conditions. (1/28/20)
- Michigan Tech – With a light dusting of snow this morning the trails are looking beautiful! Tolkien has been groomed and tracked this morning as well as all upper trails, skidder and hairpin from competition trails and down under, tanglewood, homestead and ridge from lower trails. (1/28/20)
- Swedetown – All trails dragged, including the Multipurpose Loops. Excellent conditions throughout the system. (1/28/20)
- Twin Lakes State Park – Trails are groomed weekly but are not tracked. Conditions are good. Winter trails can be used for skiing, snowshoeing and fat-tire biking (no foot traffic). (1/24/20)
For the most up-to-date ski conditions visit: Keweenawtrails.com/trail-reports/
- Mont Ripley – Open Monday through Sunday. Night skiing 5 nights a week. 21 of 21 trails open. Base of 56”. 3/3 lifts open. New Snow: 10” Total Snowfall to date: 201.03” (1/22/20)
- Mount Bohemia – Bohemia is 100% open. 105 Runs open. Snowfall last 24 hours: 6” Year to date Snowfall: 213.8”* (1/26/20)
*Snowfall totals are provided by JohnDee.com (Houghton County) and KeweenawCountyOnline.org (Keweenaw County)