John MacInnes Student Ice Arena
The arena is also used for Spring Commencement ceremonies. The arena's original Wurlitzer organ was used during the Commencement ceremonies, until it was removed during the 2009 renovations.
2018-2019 Open Skating Schedule
- Saturdays, 1:30-3:20 p.m.
- Sundays, 6:30-8:50 p.m.
(No public skating November 24, December 1, 8, 15, 22, 29, January 5, 12, 26, February 9, 23.)
The following dates/times differ from the normal schedule:
- Friday, December 21, 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 23, 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 28 - 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 30, 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, January 6 - 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Free to SDC members and Michigan Tech Students
- Included in same day SDC day pass purchase
- $3/person (skating only)
Entry to ice requires a wristband from the SDC Ticket Office. Payment and member/student verification will be handled there.
No skate rental available.
Obey the “Skate Guards” instructions or you could lose your skating privileges.
It is recommended that all skaters wear a helmet when on the ice.
- No sitting on boards.
- Don’t skate against traffic.
- No chase or tag games.
- No throwing objects on ice (ie snowballs).
- No hockey (passing a puck or ball on ice).
- Figure skating tricks should be done in the center, not on the edges.
- No pushing or pulling.
- No trains or conga lines.
- You must have ice skates on at all times when you are on the ice.
- No food or beverages allowed on ice.
- No abusive or profane language.
- We are not responsible for personal belongings.
- No speed skating.
- No tobacco (smoked or chew).
THESE RULES AND REGULATIONS HAVE BEEN DEVELOPED FOR YOUR SAFETY AND EQUAL ENJOYMENT OF THE FACILITY.
We would like to lookup your present location so we can provide accurate directions.
Your browser may ask for your permission to determine your location (possibly at the top of this page).
If you agree, we will use your current location as the starting point for directions. If you don't agree, you may enter a starting location when the map is displayed.