Gull Rock Lighthouse
This light, located west of Manitou Island off the tip of the Keweenaw Peninsula, went into operation on November , 1867. The last known resident keeper left in 1897, after which it was maintained by the keepers from Manitou Island. Abandoned and in poor condition due to its exposed location, it is only accessible by boat. The Gull Rock Lightkeepers Association continues to do restoration work on the lighthouse.