The remains of this once booming mine town can be seen on the east side of US-41 about 10 miles north of Central. A few old houses remain, one of them bearing a handmade sign advertising rocks. Evidence of mining can be seen near the area and the mills were located near Lac La Belle. Settled in 1846, by 1877 the population was 1,150 and was mostly miners. They were receiving daily mail, had some form of court system, and a shoemaker. By 1893, the population dropped to only 25 people but they were still receiving daily mail. By 1905, Delaware was called a mining camp with about 30 people residing there. The railroad was making daily trips to Calumet and there was a teacher and a physician that was there as well. By 1915, the post office was discontinued.