Here in the Keweenaw we know that one of the best ways to gain insider information about our area is to ask you, the people who live here and visit here. That’s why we are asking you to share your experiences from the amazing Keweenaw Peninsula with the rest of the world.
We are looking for your favorite Keweenaw activities, restaurants, shops, people, anything! If you have been to the Keweenaw you know the list goes on and on. You can email your submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org . So, without further ado here is what we need from you:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address (if it’s different than the one you’re sending from)
- City and State
- Optional: Twitter ID (and your permission to promote your submission on Twitter)
- How (or if) readers who have questions can contact you directly (email, Twitter, Facebook)
- Your commitment that you will check back with the blog for the 7 day period following your posting to respond to any questions left in the comments section.
- A picture of yourself, if you’d like to use one
- A short bio – no more than a couple of sentences
- o Ex. Chris Boyle, member and former Vice President of the Tip of the Thumb Heritage Water Trail. Chris is currently paddling the entire trail compiling an inventory. He has completed ¾ of the trail as of this date. He also owns a kayak rental shop in Port Austin that services the trail.
- All relevant links If you want a link to your personal or business website, please include up to 3 links in your bio.
- 4-6 pictures you want included in your post – please upload these to Flickr, and send us the URL.
- For photo submissions:
- 4-6 clear, good quality photos
- Captions for the photos
- Please upload your photos to Flickr, and send us the links. We’ll pull them off of that site.
- For video submissions:
- 2-5 minutes of video
- A description, or caption
- Please upload your video to YouTube and send us the link
We will contact you prior to publishing your blog post. Happy writing!