View the Lighthouse Photo Gallery.
The Keweenaw Peninsula features 8 lighthouses that are actually located on the Peninsula as well as 7 that are on Isle Royale or off the shore of the Keweenaw. Copper Harbor Light was the first to be built in 1849 but was dismantled and the stones were used to build the current structure that was built and lit by 1866.
With the production of copper came more shipping activity so more lighthouses were built to help aid the ships coming in and out of the Copper Country. Today, only one is open to the public but most are view-able from the road.
Eagle Harbor, MI 49950 US
Eagle River, MI 49950 US
Region: Eagle River
List of Members