View the Lighthouse Photo Gallery.

The Keweenaw Peninsula features 8 lighthouses that are actually located on the Peninsula as well as 7 that are on Isle Royale or off the shore of the Keweenaw.  Copper Harbor Light was the first to be built in 1849 but was dismantled and the stones were used to build the current structure that was built and lit by 1866.

With the production of copper came more shipping activity so more lighthouses were built to help aid the ships coming in and out of the Copper Country.  Today, only one is open to the public but most are view-able from the road.



Refine Search

By Category:
By Regions:
By Name:
(map loads here)

Copper Harbor, MI 49918 US

Region: Copper Harbor

Located at the east point of the Harbor entrance, this lighthouse is now a part of the Ft. Wilkins State Park Complex. The current lighthouse was built in 1866 and is accessible only by boat.

Lac La Belle, MI 49950 US

Region: Lac La Belle / Bete Grise

The original tower was built in 1870 on Mendota Point to guide ships into Lac La Belle through the Mendota Ship Canal. The present lighthouse was built in 1895 and abandoned by the Coast Guard in ...

Lighthouse Rd.
Eagle Harbor, MI 49950 US

Phone: (906) 289-4990
Web site:
Region: Eagle Harbor

Located at the west end of Eagle Harbor, the present brick structure was built in 1871. It is now a part of the Keweenaw County Historical Society's Light Station Museum Complex and is open to the pub

Ahmeek, MI 49901 US

Region: Eagle River

This private lighthouse is located on the Five Mile Point Road, 8 miles north of Ahmeek. Construction began in 1917 and the light went into operation in 1919. The light went out of service in 1945 ...

Eagle River, MI 49950 US

Region: Eagle River

This lighthouse, located at the south bend of the Eagle River, went into operation in 1854. In 1874 a new lighthouse with a brick tower a 24' square brick tower and a small dwelling were built. It's

Hancock, MI 49930 US

Region: Hancock

This light is located at the end of the breakwall at McLain State Park, 9 miles north of Hancock on M-203. The 50 square steel tower was built in 1950.

List of Members

Members found: 14

Previous page Next page
showing 1 through 14 of 14
Previous page Next page
showing 1 through 14 of 14