Travel through villages and countryside on a self guided tour through the copper country and enjoy boldly painted quilt blocks on barns, garages, and businesses.
The Copper Country Quilt Block Trail is part of a volunteer public art movement extending across the country-celebrating our rural heritage and traditional arts, and involving area residents in making art.
New blocks are added throughout the year. See our website for updates. coppercountryquiltblocktrail.com
Quilt Block Locations:
2: 112 W. Douglass St., Houghton, MI
3: Finlandia University’s Jutila Center, Michigan St., Hancock, MI
4: Sunshine Road, Hancock, MI
5: 25548 Millionaire St., Calumet, MI
6: 27173 Red Rock Road, Lake Linden, MI (Jacobsville)
- 7: 4-H Barn, Houghton County Fairgrounds, Hancock, MI
- 8: Beaudoin Alpaca & Sheep Farm, 52704 Dover Road, Calumet, MI
- 9: 32428 Cabbage Road, Pelkie, MI 49958
- 10: 52278 Duncan Avenue, Hubbell, MI
- 11: 21440 Broemer Rd., Chassell
- 12: Calumet Art Center, 57055 Fifth St., Calumet
- 13: 26031 School St., Calumet, MI
- 14: 25673 Agent St., Calumet, MI
- 15: 46509 US 41, Houghton, MI
Natives of Iowa where there are many barn quilts, Tommy and Mike Gilpin thought it would be fun to have a barn quilt on their garage in town. The pattern “Classic Country 8 Point” is done in 3 colors which contrast with the garage & housecolor. The barn quilt is 4′ x 4′. It was constructed & installed by Industrial Graphics, Inc. of Houghton.