Snowfall & Trail Conditions
December 3, 2020
Snowfall & Weather
Houghton County has received a total of 39.1″ of snow for the season and Keweenaw County has received 25.1″ of snow for the season.*
- Today’s forecast: Mostly cloudy. High 34F. Low 26F.
- Tomorrow: Cloudy. High 29F. Low 24F.
- Saturday: Mostly cloudy. High 31F. Low 24F.
- Sunday: Cloudy. High 32F. Low 27F.
- Monday: Cloudy. High 33F. Low 30 F.
Snowmobile Trail Conditions
Snowmobile trails are in early season condition throughout the Keweenaw. A range of 2-4 inches of snow on the ground. Watch out for rocks, wet spots and other impediments as snow levels are low.
Trail Closures: Trail 133 is closed for logging this season. The trail section from Dollar Bay to Lake Linden (portion of Trail 3) and the Freda Trail (Trails 121 & 120) will be closed the entire season for repair.
Downhill Skiing Conditions
Mont Ripley – Not yet open for the season.
Mount Bohemia – Not yet open for the season.
Cross Country Skiing & Fat Tire Trail Conditions
- Michigan Tech – We are currently panking the snow that fell over the weekend with rollers. We are focusing our efforts on the trails that a have a good base of grass in an effort to limit the damage to our grooming equipment as well our visitors’ skis. All the trails are open for your enjoyment but please be aware of very poor, early season conditions.
- Swedetown – The following trails were rolled: Len’s Loop, Valley, Greenstone, Cedar, Birch, Tamarack, Pine Ridge, and Tiger Loop. Expect to find typical early-season conditions with thin spots, perhaps some water in low spots (Cedar) and ruts in places–“A” skis are definitely not recommended! Grooming completed at 9:15 am. (12/2/20)
- Cross Churning Rapids Snow Bike – Waiting on conditions report/not yet open.
- Chassell – Waiting on conditions report/not yet open.
- Copper Harbor – Waiting on conditions report/not yet open.
- Eagle Harbor Township Trails – Waiting on conditions report/not yet open.
- Keweenaw Mountain Lodge (Copper Harbor): Not yet open/waiting on conditions report.
- Maasto Hiihto/Churning Rapids – Waiting on conditions report/not yet open.
- McLain State Park – Waiting on conditions report/not yet open.
- Mount Bohemia – Not yet open.
*Snowfall totals are provided by Fun in the U.P.